My entry is the one for Stanford, and it takes almost no time to register!
- Current Mood:truthy!
Courtesy of SaveVeronicaMars.tv:
June 15th is the official expiration date, and tomorrow is apparently iTunes Tuesday, where fans are buying the season finale en masse. Maybe it'll work? I'm crossing my fingers.
To date we have raised: $2522.16
Number of Mars bars bought for campaign: 2,040 bars
(1,920 will be on the truck, while another 120 will be sent directly to Dawn Ostroff from San Diego, California.)
Number of Snickers Almond bars to be shipped: 4,848 bars
(that's almost 550 pounds!)
Pounds of Marshmallows* bought to be shipped: 438 lbs
Why Snickers Almond Bars you ask? Mars (the company) stopped making U.S. Mars Bars a few years ago and later changed its name to Snickers Almond. So because we've bought out all the available Mars Bars in the U.S.A., we switched to Snickers Almond.
*"You know what they say. Veronica Mars, she's a marshmallow."
Too bad I didn't get any homework done?
I always aim to go to bed by midnight but people always keep me up. This is most definitely a good thing. Last night it was anagramming people's names into dirty phrases (mine is "oinked whore" or "dike whore no") and tonight it was the swing dancing in the hallway. I love college and the people here.
- Current Music:"Jump" by Madonna
I'm listening to songs from "Starlight Express" in German.
I'm happy, and life is good.
I hate how showering and eating have become study breaks.
1. Gaieties = so much fun! Definitely offensive and scandalous, but I enjoyed myself. The "Branner sucks" thing was unnecessary, but other than that it was great. The "Show us your boobs!" bit was especially hilarious. Gaieties is the student-produced, student-written and student-composed musical that premieres right before Big Game (the football rivalry of the year between Stanford and Cal). It's all about how great Stanford is and how Cal students are jealous of us. I believe the plot was basically "Blazing Saddles" - Cal students are plotting to blow up Stanford, so a group of Stanford students build a fake Stanford (the Callies are too stupid to notice it's fake) that they blow up instead. The rousing finale was "Better than You," meaning that we're better than Cal. I love college rivalries!
2. BIG GAME! We knew we were going to lose (our academics come first! Cal: sacrificing academics for athletics since 2000) but we beat the spread by 19 points! That's definitely worth celebrating, if you ask me. Now I can't really talk, and I just realized how (in this day and age of cell phones) isolating that can become!
3. GUSTER = AMAZING! I got TWO! TWOOOOOOO! of their signatures! AHHHHHHHHH! And you know what they say! Two out of three ain't bad! I got Adam to sign my ticket (in person), and my friend who was backstage was kind enough to get Ryan to sign a box of Cookie Crisp saying, "Erik! Eat this food. Ryan"!!!! THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY!
AHHHHHH! OH, and the concert was amazing too. GREAT SETLIST! But the signatures make me all giddy and giggly! AHHH! :-D
A heckava lotta people just started screaming because today marks the first day of Dead Week, and you're supposed to scream at midnight every night of Dead Week. I've said it before, but I LOVE this school.
I'm psyched about Midnight Breakfast!
And my mood icon makes me happy.
Honest is easy
Fiction's where genius lies
'Cause it's easy sometimes not to be sincere
Somehow I'll make you believe
- Current Mood: ECSTATIC
- Current Music:GUSTER
I'm a size zero. Surprising? Not really. Amusing? Of course! If you don't believe me, there is photographic evidence.
"Once More With Feeling" = amazing, and I'm currently listening to it again and again and again. Because it's just that good.
Thanksgiving was pretty good, but all my homework made it kinda blah. I celebrated at my grandparents' retirement home, so we had Thanksgiving dinner at 11:45 am. I love old people!
I still have two papers to write/edit and one problem set due on Wednesday. Work work work.1
I'm crossing my fingers and holding my breath until Tuesday because someone's going to bite the dust between 9 and 10 on the CW.
Less than a month until I return to beloved Niskayuna!! I wonder if it will still feel like home?
My dorm room wall is made of concrete. This complicates putting up my beloved (and metallic) "Democrat Parking Only" sign and my Norwegian flag (because I'm that Norwegian).
Triple A batteries should be more accessible, as I need one for a laser leveler. Is that a correct use of as? I've been doing that a lot, but it always makes me wonder.
I need to do more work, but spending Thanksgiving with the grandparents means resetting your sleep schedule so that you get tired before midnigh
I bought a green with yellow jacket that my West Coast family (brother, sister, and sister-in-law) didn't like very much, but I've gotten many compliments on it tonight. Someone even said it is Sprite-like, which I took as a compliment.
My grandfather said that I have a new look. in a complimentary fashion (haha). This makes me think that I shouldn't be so hesitant to spend money on clothing that looks good on me.
He also said that I could pull off the "California surfer" look if I had a fake tan and a surfboard.
I need to laundry.
And with that, I'm off to bed.
1. The Protestant work ethic, according to Hirota: "The Protestants would work work work so they didn't have time to sin sin sin."
I touch the fire, and it freezes me/I look into it and it's black/Why can't I feel? My skin should crack and peel/I want the fire back!
edit: I just got an e-mail inviting me to a Mario Kart party at midnight instructing me to "bring my road rage." I love Stanford.
- Current Music:Once More With Feeling, repeated constantly
Things are going well, and going very fast. I just decorated my room with 4 amazing posters, so it feels more homey, which is :-D. Stanford weeks fly by, so working ahead is tough. I should be working on Chem right now, since I don't think I exactly understand everything that's going to be on our midterm next week, but I think I'll take it easy and read the Aeneid instead.
I don't really have much to report on. It's getting cooler here, so I'm going to start wearing pants.
Thanksgiving feels like forever away. It'll be nice to chill in the dorm when there aren't so many people around.
PS: I love all the Asian tourists here. Today I saw a tour-bus with the phrase "Great Holidays" on it. Any holiday is great at Stanford! ;-)
Ring ring ring goes the telephone
The lights are on but there's no-one home
Tick tick tock it's a quarter to two
And I'm done
I'm hanging up on you
- Current Music:"Hung Up" by Madonna